Diamond blades are used in building and renovation for processing various materials. They have significant differences in purpose. For example, blades for concrete are more expensive than for cutting brick but more durable and wear-resistant.
In the catalog of the site you can choose multipurpose blades for certain works.
What materials is the diamond blade intended for?
- Reinforced concrete and products from concrete without a reinforced frame, any type of brick. The thickness of the structure should be 10-15 cm.
- Granite products, paving tiles.
- Marble – diamond blades are selected for its processing. They guarantee cutting without chips. The same type of blades is suitable for silicate brick and plexiglass.
- Ceramic, tile, including ceramic granite tiles.
- As well as diamond wheels for metal, professional circles on asphalt.
- Universal discs are elements suitable for all major types of solid material.
Blades also differ in their working part:
- Turbo blades ensure high-precision cutting at high speed. They are suitable for Dutch and ceramic tiles.
- Solid blades require constant cooling with water because they quickly heat up. They are designed for precise and smooth cut.
- Segmented blades cut less accurately than smooth circles. They are suitable for cutting bricks and concrete. They get cool quickly thanks to their segments.
How are diamond blades manufactured?
The quality of cut and surface treatment depends on fraction of diamond grit, the blade size, fixing of working part on the blade basis and quality of binder.
During production, diamond fraction and binder are sintered at high temperature. Thus, high-quality blades with minimal wear resistance are obtained.
There are several ways to connect diamond sand with the blade body.
- Sintering is the basic way of manufacturing blades.
- Crimping is performed at a temperature of 650 degrees when diamond grit and binder are sintered.
- Laser welding is the most precise way of applying diamond fraction to a blade; it is used for which perform ultra-precise cutting.
Tips for choosing a diamond blade
- The blade is matched to a specific tool. There should be no gaps. If the diameter is different, then it is adjusted using special rings.
- Pay attention to the working resource of the disk, that is, how many linear meters of material it can cut. The discs also differ in designation for brick, concrete, ceramic tile, stone. The use of a circle of narrow specialization is able to increase its service life. Universal drives serve less.
- Pay attention to rpm and marking. The main thing is to have a match. If there are no conformity indicators, this leads to premature wear or even damage to the circle.
- If you use the part in a professional job, we recommend using European and domestic analogues. For repairs in a small room, you can use Chinese counterparts. Еheir service life is less but they are suitable for small household repairs.
- The width and accuracy of the working part is also important for the main purpose. For cutting concrete or asphalt pavement, you can use large discs. For tiles it is better to use thin solid circles, because the gaps between the teeth can roughly damage the surface.